Saturday, June 19, 2010

Found and Lost

In every building or office I enter, I find myself scanning the place for artwork. I notice paintings on the wall and find myself attempting to decipher what the artist wants to portray. I also challenge myself by guessing the art movement that the work was created in.

For some reason, I have always been a fan of abstract work and thinking because there is a certain mystery to it. When I stumble upon abstract work, I pay close attention to color, shape and lines and do the unthinkable--try to solve the mystery. Much to my affliction, I walk away unsuccessful but somewhat satisfied with the fact that I tried to solve a mystery. Time after time, I knowingly repeat this behavior and it doesn't bother me one bit.

Off record for a second--here is one of my favorite paintings from Project 3

P.S. A little food for thought...
"The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you."
Oscar Wilde

With that said, cheers to confusion and unsolved mysteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment